Migraines and headaches can be debilitating. They are common and can happen to anyone. Headaches and migraines are often difficult to get rid of, especially if they are frequent. However, chiropractic care can help. At Hoosier Family Chiropractic, Inc. in Bloomington, IN, our chiropractor offers a variety of natural treatment methods for headaches and migraines. Our methods are non-invasive and drug-free, so you don’t have to use pain medications. Our chiropractor will help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
Types of Headaches and Migraines
Determining what type of headache or migraine you are suffering is vital in finding the right treatment for you. Headaches come in several different forms, including:
- Tension headaches: These cause head pain and pain in the face. They often come from stress, tight muscles, lack of sleep, and more.
- Cluster headaches: These headaches are more severe and affect the whole face. They come in groups, which can last several months.
- Sinus headaches: These are common with sinus infections. They cause pain in the head, cheekbones, and forehead.
Migraines are different from headaches. They typically come with other symptoms and are more severe. The most common ones are:
- Migraine with aura: An aura causes visual symptoms, like flashes of light. You can also feel tingling, nausea, or dizziness.
- Migraine without aura: This causes intense head pain, but does not have visual symptoms.
- Chronic migraine: This refers to a migraine that lasts 15 or more days, and can become debilitating.
Headache and Migraine Triggers
It is easier to determine the causes of headaches than migraines. However, common triggers include:
- Environmental issues (excess noise and lights)
- Behaviors like insomnia, exercise before bed, or changes in sugar levels
- Muscle tension in the neck
- Spending several hours in the same position, such as sitting in front of a computer or sitting at a school desk
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Our chiropractor will ask questions about your symptoms and lifestyle. We will perform a physical exam to look for any underlying conditions and determine the cause of your head pain. Then, we will create a treatment plan. This often includes chiropractic adjustments. Realigning the spine and body will alleviate neck pain and tension, reducing your risk of headaches. We will give you corrective exercises to improve your blood flow and help you avoid tension and stress. Our chiropractor will also offer nutritional and lifestyle advice. Eliminating certain habits can eliminate the trigger of your migraines.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Bloomington, IN for Headache and Migraine Relief
If you are suffering from headaches or migraines, we can help. At Hoosier Family Chiropractic, Inc., our team will find the right treatment methods for you. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.